Winter Home Maintenance Checklist
- Check to be sure your furnace or boiler is working properly. Have it evaluated and serviced by a professional.
- Locate and mark all of the shut-offs for the heating, electrical and plumbing systems.
- If there is a septic system, have the tank inspected, and pumped if necessary. If the house is on a private water supply (well), set up a regular testing procedure for checking water quality.
- Monthly Checklist
- Test ground fault circuit interrupters using the test button
- Check: furnace filters, humidifier filters and electronic air cleaners (when in use). Replace or clean as needed
- Check the bathtub and shower caulking and replace promptly as needed
- Check downspouts to be sure they are attached and free of debris. Clean as needed
- Check appliance cords, extension cords and power strips for damaged plugs or fraying of cords.
Download a copy of these tips