Summer Home Maintenance Checklist
- Check all gutters and downspouts. Be sure downspouts are emptying away from your foundation. Replace or repair any damaged areas. Be sure all gutters and downspouts are free of debris such as leaves, pine needles, dirt, etc.
- Check around the exterior of your foundation for wet areas or places where drainage is not away from the house. Regrade landscaping where necessary.
- Check: furnace filters, humidifier filters and electronic air cleaners (when in use). Replace or clean as needed
- Evaporative (swamp) coolers require seasonal start up and shut down to prevent freezing and broken lines.
- Check the main electrical panel for rust or water marks indicating moisture penetration. All breakers should be turned off and then back on to ensure proper actuation.
- Outdoor wiring leading to detached structures should be inspected for damage. Exterior receptacles (outlets) should have proper covers
Download a copy of these tips