Spring Home Maintenance Checklist
- Remove or replant any plants, trees or shrubs which are planted too close to the foundation.
- Clear a 3 ft diameter area around your main electrical panel to allow easy access. Remove all plants, trees and shrubs and any stored items.
- Check: furnace filters, humidifier filters and electronic air cleaners (when in use). Replace or clean as needed
- Replace the batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Start up sprinkler systems. Test for any damage and repair as necessary. Verify the system programs.
- Clean Gutters
- Check your roof for damage. Repair damaged shingles and any visible cracks around vents, skylights, chimneys, etc.
- Check brick or masonry for cracking, crumbling. A white, salty deposit on the brick surfaces (not concrete) is a sign of water penetration. You can clean this with a stiff brush, or a brush with water. If hard deposits have formed, a chemical cleaner is needed. Do not power wash.
- Check and patch all door and window screens
Download a copy of this checklist here