Buying a home is typically the largest investment most of us will ever make. Nothing is more important, in my opinion, than thoughtful consideration of the many issues that go into buying a home.
Here are some questions to ask yourself as you consider buying a home, whether it’s your first home or one of many.
- What is your current living situation (homeowner, renter, sharing)? Do you need to sell? Give your landlord notice?
- How will you pay for the home? (Cash, Loan,etc.)
- Have you checked your credit report lately? Click here to get your free annual credit report.
- Are you working with a lender? If you need a referral to great LOCAL loan officers, please contact me.
- What is the monthly payment amount that you can afford? Don’t forget that your loan amount is not all that you need to consider. You’ll also want to take into account taxes, insurance, HOA fees & regular maintenance
- What is your time frame for moving? (time to sell your current home, notice you must give your landlord, school schedules, work schedules, etc.)
- Do you have any special needs for your new home? (layout, location, size, etc.)
- If you’re thinking of buying and want more information about the process you can or consider taking my Home Buyer Basics Class which is offered at Arapahoe Community College. Click here for the upcoming schedule.